Thursday, March 7, 2013

When one door closes, another one opens...and if I'm lucky, I'll get to close that one too!

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I like to be helpful.  I try to do what I'm told, and I usually enjoy it, but there are some things I REALLY like to do - such as closing doors.  Man, I love to close doors.  I don't know why, but as soon as I figured out what exactly it was that Mom wanted, I was hooked.

She had already taught me "nose" or "nose it" so that I would push something with my nose instead of my paw (apparently she didn't want scratches all over the door - for whatever reason) and after pushing the door a bit with my nose and getting a reward, I started to figure out how the door worked.  Once I got comfortable with the door opening and closing, she taught me to close it with my shoulder.  Some of the doors didn't close all the way at first, so then I learned "shove" which means I get to bump it again with my shoulder until I hear the click.  Yes!  I get it! I love it!

The only down side of this is that I'm not supposed to close a door unless someone tells me to.  Otherwise, I could just go around closing doors all day long whenever I spotted an open one.  Since I don't get to do that.......I'll be honest here, I usually don't close the door all the way the first time just so I can push it again, although I still try to wait until Mom tells me to.  (Sometimes there may be 2 or even 3 times when I'll shove the door not quite hard enough - it's a guess as to how many times I can get away with it before Mom says "Cody, stop playing around and close the door!")




Here is an organization that helps people understand that it's okay to open their doors (and their hearts!) to pit bulls in need of rescue:

http://www.badrap.org/home

Tim Racer, the man who started BadRap also makes fantastic carvings of carousel dogs!

Love n' Slobbers,
Cody

Notes from Mom: 
Yes, I know I need to organize my video cabinets.



No comments:

Post a Comment